How to do the sensitivity analysis using the Pspice Simulation tool?
Step by step Guide for Worst Case Analysis (Sensitivity Analysis) in Pspice:
- Draw the required schematic. For our example, we had drawn a group of resistors powered by 12VDC supply. We considered 5% tolerance for all resistors. The tolerance value should be given in your design requirement. Use that value for your circuit.
- Ensure that proper signal name has given at various nets. It will be useful at the time of measurement
- Place the voltage probe at required place
- Create a new simulation profile as follows
- It is transient analysis.
- Run the analysis. We are not using any data from this analysis result.
- In the result page click "Trace"
- Click “measurements”
- Click required parameter. For our example circuit analysis go with “max”
- Click "Eval" button
- A new pop up box will appear
- Click the button next to the “name of trace to search”
- Another pop up box will appear
- Select the net at which point we need to calculate sensitivity
- For our case it is V(output)
- Select it and click "ok".
- We set the goal function.
- Goto schematic page. Goto AMS Simulator --> Advanced Analysis -> Sensitivity
- Sensitivity result page will appear
- Hit the "Click to import the measurement…"
- Select the max(V(output)) .
- Click "ok"
- Select the profile row. The row will become black color.
- Click run button
- Sensitivity analysis is done. We will get the required values as shown below. The circuit performance highly depends on R2 value
- To change relative sensitivity to absolute sensitivity, right-click "rel sensitivity" goto "Display" and change it.
- Mostly relative sensitivity is used in worst case analysis.
Do you struck at any step?
Let us know . We will answer it...