Sensitivity Analysis in Pspice: Step by Step Procedure
How to do Sensitivity Analysis using Cadence Pspice Simulation tool?
Step by step Guide for Worst Case Analysis (Sensitivity Analysis) in Pspice:
- Draw the required schematic.
For our example, we had drawn a group of resistors powered by 12VDC supply.
We considered 5% tolerance for all resistors.
The tolerance value should be given in your design requirement. Use that value for your circuit.
- Ensure that proper signal name has given at various nets. It will be useful at the time of measurement.
- Place the voltage probe at required place.
- Create a new simulation profile as follows
- It is transient analysis.
- Run the analysis. We are not using any data from this analysis result.
- In the result page click "Trace"
- Click “measurements”
- Click required parameter. For our example circuit analysis, let us go with “max”
- Click "Eval" button.
- A new pop up box will appear.
- Click the button next to the “name of trace to search”.
- Another pop up box will appear.
- Select the net at which point we need to calculate sensitivity.
- For our case it is V(output).
- Select it and click "ok".
- We set the goal function.
- Goto schematic page. Goto AMS Simulator --> Advanced Analysis -> Sensitivity
- Sensitivity result page will appear.
- Hit the "Click to import the measurement…"
- Select the max(V(output)) .
- Click "ok".
- Select the profile row. The row will become black color.
- Click run button.
- Sensitivity analysis is done.
We will get the required values as shown below. The circuit performance highly depends on R2 value.
- To change relative sensitivity to absolute sensitivity, right-click "rel sensitivity" goto "Display" and change it.
- Mostly relative sensitivity is used in worst case analysis.
Do you struck at any step? Let us know... We will try to answer it...
Please subscribe to get updates to your mail id....